About Me

My photo
Gilmer, Texas, United States
I'm just this guy, you know? I am not a number, I am a free man. I'm one of a kind, but not the last of my kind. You can hold me, thrill me, kiss me or kill me, but only once.

Silent Hill: Revelations a go?


Monday, March 07, 2011
11:59 AM

There are possible spoilers for the plot of the upcoming Silent Hill sequel in this post. If you don't want to see them, turn away now.



According to this article from Shock Til You Drop, Silent Hill: Revelations -- the long-delayed sequel to 2006's Silent Hill -- has gone into production on the mean streets of Toronto.

While I'm thrilled that there's finally movement on the picture, I'm not so keen on the recasting of Jodelle Ferland's character. This is of course assuming that Alison Lohman is playing the 18-year-old version of Sharon, which based on that plot description I would say is the case.

I'm cautious about this film, but I hold out hope. Michael J. Bassett seems to be a fan of the source material, and I think he'll do right by the original flick, it's just... well, I've had Alison Mack in mind to play Heather for over a decade, so it's hard to see anyone besides Mack or Ferland in the role.

I'm going to be watching this one throughout production, fingers crossed and hoping for good things.



Edited to Add:  Lohman's name has been removed from the Shock Til You Drop article. It seems she gave birth to a baby less than two weeks ago, and the odds that she'd be working on this picture are now unlikely.


1 comment:

  1. Usually Ι do not learn aгticle оn blogs, but I would liκe to say that this ωritе-up
    νery forced me to tгy and do so! Your writing style has been surρrised me.
    Thanks, very great aгticle.

    my blοg post; mathworks software engineer salary

    ReplyDelete